Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Linh
      Participant

Dear Steve,

Can we categorise a Mullerian duct anomaly (septate, subseptate, arcuate, etc) just base on 2D TV? Would TA scan cut it?

Can a coronal 3D recon be reliable in this aspect? or is MRI still the gold standard?

Typically what criteria do you use for categorising the uterus’s configuration on US?

I am quite reluctant to call anything since a bicornuate can look like a unicornuate with a rudimentary horn.

Best regards,
      Linh

Stephen Bird
      Keymaster

Hi Linh,

I think ultrasound is an excellent way of characterising Mullarian duct variations.

You do need to do it with a transvaginal scan.

You do need the technology to reconstruct a C-plane image of the uterus. This can be done with a manual sweep or even better if you have a proper 3D transvaginal transducer with a mechanical transducer in the end. Many manufacturers have this technology and it provides you with a calibrated 3D volume to work with.

There are well established criteria for characterising uterine shapes and personally I don’t find it difficult.

To give you the exact details of how to characterise uterine cavity shapes would require a long essay so I will email you a ew journal articles and I will record a webinar on the topic and add it to the website. I have a nice lecture on the topic already written so I will record it this weekend.

Steve

Linh
      Participant

Hi Steve,

It is a broad topic, just wanting to hear your take on it and also any tips/easy rules to remember.

Looking forward to this webinar.

Best regards,
      Linh

Stephen Bird
      Keymaster

The webinar is recorded and I have sent it to Ben to load up.

I think it will make it quite simple for you to characterise the various types.

Steve

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Bird Ultrasound | Website by What About Fred

Stay in Touch

Sending

Forgot your details?