Stephen Bird

In my opinion the word microcalcification or microcalcs should not exist in radiology. All calcs we see on mammo and ultrasound are by definition macrocalcs or probably a better term to use for small calcifications is to adopt what we use ion the thyroid and call them punctate echogenic foci or small punctate calcifications. Who knows why breast calcs seen on mammo are called microcalcs? It is clearly not an accurate name for them.

© 2024 Bird Ultrasound | Website by What About Fred

Stay in Touch


Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?